Submission of Manuscripts
Original papers written in English. Papers submitted for publication must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
Authors, reviewers, and editors send and receive all correspondence by e-mail and no paper correspondence is necessary. The manuscript will be edited according to the style of the journal, and authors must read the proofs carefully.
Online submissions require:
- Cover Letter: Document (Word) containing your cover letter to the Editors.
- The title of the paper should be as concise as possible, preferably around 10 words, and should be placed on a separate sheet, together with the full name(s) of the author(s), institutional affiliations(s) and highest scientific degrees obtained. The mailing address, as well as any other contact information (email address, fax, telephone) of the corresponding author should be provided.
- Response to Reviews (Resubmissions Only): Document (Word) detailing your response to the reviewers' and editor's comments of a previously rejected manuscript that you are re-submitting.
- Manuscript: consisting of the title page, abstract, manuscript text, and any figure/table legends.
- In-text citations of published works should be limited to essential up-to-date references. Apart from review articles, a maximum of 25 references is advisable.
- Tables and figures: should be included in the manuscript text at it's place.
- Manuscripts are accepted for review with the understanding that no substantial portion of the study has been published or is under consideration for publication elsewhere and that its submission for publication has been approved by all of the authors; further, that any person cited as a source of personal communications has approved such citation. Written authorization may be required at the Editor's discretion. Manuscripts that do not meet the general criteria or standards for publication in EJER will be immediately returned to the authors without detailed review.
- Upon acceptance of an article, a letter will be sent to the corresponding author confirming receipt of the manuscript. A form facilitating transfer of copyright will be provided after acceptance.
- EJER will be published on an expedited schedule after rapid review.
Preparation of Manuscript
Manuscripts should be double-spaced throughout. The page setup must be Top= 1", bottom= 1.2", left= 1.5" and right= 1". Number all pages consecutively beginning with the title page.
Page 1 should contain the article title, the names and affiliations of all authors, and the name, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, and complete mailing address of the person to whom all correspondence should be sent.
Page 2 should contain an abstract and five descriptive keywords.
Page 3 provides information on funding sources supporting the work described in the manuscript. For all papers dealing with research or studies on human subjects or experimental animals, evidence must be provided of review and approval by an appropriately constituted committee for human subjects or animal research. If this information is not provided upon submission, the paper will be returned without review.
The Introduction should be as concise as possible, without subheadings.
Materials and methods should be sufficiently detailed to enable the experiments to be reproduced.
Results must be represented inform of tables and figure impeded in it's place in the text.
Figures. Number figures consecutively with Arabic numerals.
Color Figures. Illustrations in color in the printed issue can be accepted only if the authors defray the cost. For color reproduction in print, you will receive information regarding the costs after receipt of your accepted article.
Please note: Because of technical complications that can arise in converting color figures to "gray scale" (for the printed version should you not opt for color in print), please submit in addition usable black-and-white files corresponding to all the color illustrations.
Tables should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in order of appearance in the text. Type each table double-spaced on a separate page with a short descriptive title typed directly above and with essential footnotes below.
Results and Discussion must be written separated..
Acknowledgments should be brief and should precede the references.
Abbreviations should follow the usage established by Chemical Abstracts. If others are utilized define on first use.
References should be cited in the text by the author's name and year of publication. References should be listed alphabetically in an unnumbered list at the end of the paper in the following style:
Baecklund M, Pedersen NL, Bjorkman L, Vahter M. 1999. Variation in blood concentrations of cadmium and lead in the elderly. Environ. Res. 80, 222-230.
Letourneau DK, 1997. Plant-arthropod interactions in agroecosystems. In: Jackson, L.E.(Ed.), Ecology in Agriculture. Academic Press, San Diego, pp. 239-290.
Morgan WKC, Seaton A. (Eds.), 1995. Occupational Lung Diseases, 3rd ed. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp. 308-373.
The names of journals should be abbreviated according to the latest available edition of Index Medicus or Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index. Only articles that have been published or are in press should be included in the references. "Manuscript in preparation," "personal communication," and "unpublished observation" should be cited as such in the text.
PDF proofs will be e-mailed to the corresponding author. To avoid delay in publication, only necessary changes should be made, and corrections should be returned promptly. Authors will be charged for alterations that exceed 10% of the total cost of composition.
The corresponding author, will be provided with a PDF file of the article via e-mail. The PDF file is watermarked. The volume of the journal will be published online with the page numbers after completing the required manuscripts. Reprints may be ordered at prices shown in the reprint order form, which will be sent to the corresponding author in due course.